Monday, May 4, 2009

About to pop!


With all the spring rain.. the Blue Ridge is right on the verge of exploding! The next few weeks should be uproarious with wildflowers.. the trillium are nearing peak at the lower elevations and even Pink Lady Slipper has been noticed.. we've picked a fair number of merkles, and bluets are lining every rocky trail. NOW is the time to come visit Shenandoah, park your car, and take a hike that will take your breath away!











































.. a long forgotten and disused Blue Ridge spring... still flows at more than 50 gallons per minute

3 comments:

Jesse Von Fange said...

I've been looking all spring for morels, found nothing! See you up on Old Rag this weekend, maybe I can get some merkel beta from ya.

andy said...

I'll be happy to help! Tell you EVERYTHING I know... all my secret tips..
In fact, here's my BEST advice:
Look... very carefully..
in the woods... not in November!

:) see ya this weekend!

Jesse Von Fange said...

... and I was expecting the Big Fish to at least send me on a wild goose chase deep in the dark recesses of some long forgotten hollow in the Monongahela National Forest, with the promise of finding "too many to carry out in under three or four trips"!